Over the past few days, the left has been doing their best to eviscerate Herman Cain for an alleged “sexual harassment” incident that took place while he served as CEO of the National Restaurant Association. To date, many on the left have all but pronounced him “unfit” to run because of this conveniently timed hearsay scandal. Without any real evidence of wrongdoing to lean on, many are hoping that this whirlwind of hyperbole reverses the groundswell of support that Herman Cain has received over the past several weeks. They are hoping that these allegations, though unproven, will stain the virtue of the Cain star and send it streaking to earth in flames for good.
Of course we all know about the impeccable character of our friends on the left. They are oaks of virtue! Let’s see there’s:
- Rep. David Wu – Accused of assaulting an 18 year old woman.
- Sen John Edwards – Admitted to having an affair and fathering a love child.
- Rep. Anthony Weiner – Posted his naughty bits on Facebook.
- Rep. Mel Reynolds – Convicted of 12 counts of sexual assault with a 16-year-old. (President Bill Clinton pardoned him before leaving office….go figure).
- Rep. Barney Frank – Hired a male prostitute who ran a prostitution service from Frank’s residence in the 1980s.
- Sen Ted Kennedy – Implicated in the death of Mary Jo Kopechne at Chappaquiddick. (Rumor was they were doing it.)
- Rep. Gerry Studds – Censured for sexual relationship with underage male page in 1983. (For most of us this would be rape…)
- Sen Daniel Inouye – Accused in the 1990s by numerous women of sexual harassment.
- Rep. Gary Condit – Affair with murdered intern Chandra Levy.
- Mayor Gavin Newsom – Affair with top aid’s wife.
- Rep. Allan Howe – Soliciting prostitution.
- Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick – Sexting on the job.
- Rep. Roosevelt Dobbins – Fondling a 16-year-old.
- President William Jefferson Clinton – Affair in the Oval Office with intern Monica Lewinsky. (Never mind the previous rape allegations.)